WE WANT EVERYONE TO WANT TO BE A BEARKAT!
Choosing a university is not just an academic decision, it's personal; it is important to find the university that fits you. Sam Houston State University is a great institution and while there are many ways to learn why, the best way is to come visit campus and SeeSAM for yourself!
- In-Person Walking Tours
Walking campus tours are open to all prospective students and guests. Tours last approximately 1 hour 45 minutes and include an enrollment presentation and a walking tour (1 hour 15 minutes.) There is an optional Residence Life tour (1 hour 30 minutes) after your scheduled campus tour.
We are offering Self-Guided walking tours for students and guests from 9:00am - 4:00pm during weekdays. You can show up at the Visitor Center anytime within the hours previously listed to start your tour. The full tour is 1.74 miles and takes about 65 minutes, however your map will also indicate shorter routes if needed.
- Please note you WILL have to PAY for parking during your visit.
- Spanish Tours (Giras de Español)
Las giras son virtuales y en persona del campus para los futuros estudiantes, sus amigos, y sus familias es provisto por nuestros “SAMbassadors" amigables. Ven a ver porque nuestros SAMbassadors escogieron SHSU!
- Transfer Tours
A transfer student is an applicant pursing a bachelor's degree with more than 12 hours of college-level credit from a community college or other institution. Explore the process of transferring to Sam Houston State University, find out about the resources available to you and get connected.
- Saturday@SAM - March 2, 2024 - Online registration now open!
- Preview@SAM Events
Preview@SAM events are visit days that highlight specific academic areas or programs.
- These are in-person events that usually last an entire work day
- Great opportunity for students to meet faculty and staff from your academic area and take a campus tour
- Group Tours & Experiences
We are offering guided and self-guided in-person group tours.
Guided tours can be requested for groups that are no larger than 50 students.
- Your visit will include an enrollment presentation and campus tour. A Residence Life tour and on-campus dining are available upon request and based on availability.
- Available Tuesday & Thursday, 10:00am arrival time
- Available Wednesdays for the following times: 9:30am, 10am, 10:30am
- Self-guided tours may be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have designed SAM@School, a curriculum for elementary, middle, and high school teachers to use with students that includes Sam Houston's life, SHSU, and career exploration. Submit the form below to receive the resources. You will also be offered the chance to schedule a live Zoom Q&A with a Sambassador.
For questions or to discuss possible in-person group options, please call 936-294-4482 or email@example.com
- SHSU Faculty/Staff Campus Tours
Faculty/staff walking tours are intended for any employee, new or current, of SHSU that would like to know more about this great university. These will be guided tours and highlight the history, service areas, and academics of the university. Faculty/Staff tours will be roughly 2 hours long and will include a brief introduction from one of our full-time staff members.
- Plan Your Visit to Huntsville
If you have questions please contact one of our STAFF MEMBERS.
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
*available to help in-person visitors at 7:30am
Huntsville, TX 77341-2539